Black night – a snow shoe hike in the dark
Tjeldsundbrua Hotel is surrounded by beautiful nature. Something that creates perfect conditions for a snow shoe hike in the winter.
Our route goes up into the darkness in a valley. Without streetlights, traffic and Wi-Fi. You can disconnect from the world completely and enjoy the starry night sky and the northern lights while listening to the crackling from the bonfire.
The purpose of this hike is not to burn calories, but to recharge your batteries. The route is not of a challenge and suits all ages..
Duration: 3 hours
Meeting point: Tjeldsundbrua Hotel
Price: NOK 675,- per person
Contact our reception for booking:
Phone: +47 77 08 93 00
Recommended clothing and footwear
Clothing and footwear are important when hiking in the winter. Feel free to use our list of recommended attire when you pack your bag:
- Wool underwear
- Insulating intermediate layer – fleece jacket or vest
- Waterproof / breathing jacket (or soft shell)
- Insulating jacket (used when we’re not hiking)
- Waterproof / breathing pants (or soft shell)
- Warm headwear
- Balaclava / thick bandana
- Wool socks (remember an extra pair)
- Gloves / warm mittens
- Insulating, waterproof mountain boots is best suited for snow shoes.
- Mountain boots in leather can also be used, as long as they are waterproof
- Gaiters is optional but comes in handy as they keep the snow out of your boots.
- A medium sized backpack for extra snack, water, hot drinks and extra clothing
For other exciting activities in our area, check out Visit Harstad